A is for Anxiety.

Welcome to a new series I decided to start after sitting down with my husband and talking about what else I can do on my blog, besides personal events, reviews, game related things etc.

So I’d like to introduce you to an A-Z series which will be posted once a week on a Thursday.. the first week I am going to talk about.

Anxiety –

I am un-diagnosed, I know many people consider anyone who hasn’t talked to a doctor has someone who used google to look up their symptoms, while Doctor Google isn’t the most reliable person you could ask ‘whats wrong with me’ I did exactly that a while ago while feeling panicky about having to do something with other people, I knew I was scared to talk to strangers and sometimes the thought of heading into town can cause my stomach to turn and my heart to pound away… so I used a checklist from the NHS website and it classed me as having Social Anxiety.

It can be a very funny thing, sometimes I am completely okay with people, it obviously depends on the person but if I feel that I can trust someone, I can talk to them easier, but even when I am having to go talk to a friend I feel worried about doing it.

It comes and goes, like the other day I went shopping with R and got my daith piercing done but sometimes I am completely scared to go out and deal with the world, I know I need to go talk to a doctor about it but, with the territory of talking to a stranger, I honestly feel I am not truly read to do that, mainly because my local doctors are a little fat bias and tend to blame anything that’s wrong with me on my diet or my weight.

I think going on from this people need to understand that just because I haven’t had a doctor write down that I have it, doesn’t mean that I don’t suffer from some form of mental health issues which is extremely unfair on those who hide away from fear of making that first move to reach and talk to someone.

I will get there, I am working on my problems one day at a time and I will come out of this strong… I hope..

1. Samantha
    July 6, 2017 / 9:32 am

Love reading your blogs Hun 🙂

2. Michelle Murray
    July 6, 2017 / 5:28 pm

My friend suffers from anxiety and I feel so sorry for her because hers is undiagnosed but she knows she has it.

3. July 6, 2017 / 7:58 pm

OT but I’m so jealous you got you Daith pierced. I wanted to get mine done to see if it helped my migraines, but apparently mine isn’t big enough so it can’t be pierced, Boo!

Author
      July 6, 2017 / 9:40 pm

Ah that sucks!! I have to say one week (and a bit) later and aside from a little over slept headache I’ve not had one yet! It’s a shame you can’t get it done x

4. July 6, 2017 / 8:33 pm

I have been diagnosed as having severe anxiety. It started when I was pregnant with my youngest child and hasn’t gone away. Mine is mostly medical e.g. worrying about any tiny health concern, but I can get very upset in crowds and awkward social situations too so I know where you’re coming from – it’s an awful illness x

5. Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...
    July 6, 2017 / 10:26 pm

I used to have crippling anxiety but now I just don’t have time to dwell on things so much. I’ve written about this on my blog, how my depression has got better since having kids

6. July 6, 2017 / 10:59 pm

Just because you haven’t been diagnosed it doesn’t mean you don’t have it. I had depression for a good 4 years before I plucked up the courage to see my GP about it. I’m pretty sure I have social anxiety too, but that’s undiagnosed, it really is horrible and can be so debilitating.

7. July 7, 2017 / 6:29 am

I went through a stage of having Anxiety. It’s the strangest feeling, I knew I was feeling it but couldn’t do anything about it. It did go away but am aware that it may come back. I think talking about it helps so well done!