I always hate calling her a toddler, but at the ripe old age of 17 months, she is now officially classed as a toddler, no longer my tiny little baby.. to much of my sadness..
When my other two started saying words, they did it at completely different times, K’s first word was ‘Cat’ and ‘Car’ when he was around the age of 2, A’s first word was ‘Kai’… her brothers name, at around 15 months old.
R has a few words under her belt now, which i’m surprised by seeing as she is only just 17 months old, here’s what she can say ;
- ‘Kai’ of course, its nice and easy and we say it enough that shes bound to have picked it up at some point.
- ‘Cat’ or repeated ‘cat cat cat cat’ usually accompanied with the sound our cat Loki makes which is a ‘aoooooowwww’ sound.
- ‘No’ another word which is used a lot around the house, cant have children without using the N word haha.
- ‘Uh Oh!’ while this isn’t exactly a word it is still a sound that she makes if she drops something, its really cute when she says it.
- ‘Mmm’ another sound, which means one thing only, her high chair, shes been making this sound since she was a year old and whenever she says it we know exactly what shes on about.
- ‘Gee’ a gee is a dummy, we’ve always called dummies ‘gee’s… Mr S is sure its spelt ‘Gii’ but to me it sounds more of a Gh-eee sound.
- ‘Done’ we aren’t sure if this is either done or down, she will often say it after finishing her food while she is in her high chair.
- ‘Oh Dear’ we say this one a lot so its no surprising that shes also picked it up as well.
- ‘Bob’ Bob is her little cuddly robin toy, shes had him since she was tiny, I think I even ordered it when I was still sitting in hospital after I had her, sometimes it comes out as ‘od’ or ‘baaaw’ but its pretty clear who she is talking about.
and she is growing far to quickly for my liking!
until next time