January Monthly Favorites.

Another month is gone, just like that, but I will say how slow did January take to end? was it always 70 days long? perhaps its just my age catching up with me finally, but this month has been full of new favorites and old faithfuls making January a little easier to deal with.

Products (Covering hair care and makeup)

Bed Head Shampoo and Conditioner – I got these, surprisingly not at a salon or some fancy shop, but Home Bargains at the wonderfully cheap price of £7 each! considering you can buy a single bottle from a salon for about £20… I am happy with my little bargain, these two are perfect for dyed hair but they did other hair types too.. if you see some, I recommend grabbing some because good product at a good price is very hard to come by.

Maybelline Colossal Mascara – I have not changed the brand of mascara I use since I discovered these, in the days of those tiny brushes I loved the bigger brush.. less likely to poke myself in the eye if I use one of these and when everyone else was doing those tiny brushes, they did the big ones and I love them.

Home

Fake Flowers – I hold my hand up, I am a flower killer, I cannot keep anything alive in my home, its amazing i’ve managed to keep three children and a cat alive if i’m honest, but flowers and plants… do not seem to last very long, so I have a wonderful collection of silk flowers that last all through the year and if you see them from far away, you cannot tell the difference. I got this stunning lot from Amazon shortly after I murdered a tomato plant (which you can read about here if you are interested) and since then its grown from this little bundle to some fake Gerbera Daisies, which are my wedding flowers, and some delightfully realistic but fake succulents for the bath room and I don’t care that I am the worst flower mother in the world, my home is full of fake ones and that’s good enough for me plus they make wonderful flat lay photo props!

Children

Baby Boden – I am an eBay addict, I use it almost all the time for anything from things for the home to when I did up my Bugaboo Frog.. but I have been using it to find clothing for my youngest and Baby Boden have so many wonderful items with the humble robin on, seeing as that is her name it was only fitting that I find all the outfits I could locate with a robin on them and I think I did very well don’t you?

Gel-A-Pen* – I did a little review of this product which you can give a read here but Amelia has been obsessed with it since, shes sat with me and made some bracelets and has asked me to get some more pens and being the wonderful.. pushover that I am and that I also enjoy playing about with these pens.. I have!

Entertainment

Image found on google

Top Gear/The Grand Tour – I discovered Top Gear back in 2007, I must have watched it earlier on because its been on British television since the 80’s, but when I found them again I was welcomed into a fandom, a world full of other fans who loved these three idiots in fast cars and I fell in love with them and their dynamic and when the Top Gear I knew and love ended I noticed a little hole in my life, I didn’t realize how much these idiots meant to me until a fracas happened and they were taken off air to be replaced with other people, BUT they got lucky and The Grand Tour started, which is on Amazon Prime, and my world started to feel better.. and then during a time when some bad things happened in my life, which of course I wont go into, but it caused me to have multiple panic attacks a day, I started using Top Gear to take my mind off it all and I came away from a day of binge watching Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May feeling better and briefly anxiety free..

Its sad that these three men brighten my day, make me feel better and never EVER fail to make me smile and laugh.. even when my day feels dark and lonely.

Elder Scrolls Skyrim – I have sort of spoken about Skyrim before here in a silly little tour of the world but I love this game, I have spent hours upon hours playing it and I have restarted the game many times over.. this time I have modded it and it looks stunning! its at least 7  years old now but stepping back into that world when it was remastered for the xbox one, was like stepping into the world the first time I played it! if you are ever looking for a little escape I highly recommend you pick up Skyrim.. its just the best game I have ever played.

Music

Rainbow – Sia – Back in October my mum and I took Amelia my middle child to see the My Little Pony movie for her 6th birthday and naturally I brought the soundtrack because I actually enjoyed the film and the music that came with it, this song was played at the end of the film and it actually makes me a little weepy when I hear it but its also been stuck in my head for about a month when it came on random on my ipod, its such a great little song and I love the beat that it has.

and there you have it, my monthly favorites for the month of January, what have been your favorite little treats from this month?

until next time

1. Rebecca Greenway
    January 30, 2018 / 1:16 pm

Love the shampoo & mascara. My faves too x

2. January 30, 2018 / 1:35 pm

The fake flowers are pretty!

3. January 30, 2018 / 2:11 pm

That’s an awesome deal that you got for the bed head shampoo and conditioner! I love Sia’s Music!

4. January 30, 2018 / 2:13 pm

I’ve been so addicted to Stardew Valley! Lol I love a great mascara!

5. January 30, 2018 / 2:45 pm

I completely understand your love of Top Gear/Grand Tour! We watch it every single day here – they are hilariously witty. But I will say that I am more of a fan of Grand Tour over Top Gear because they seem to have more freedom with their ideas and content.

January 31, 2018 / 9:43 am

Yes I agree! my son is also top gear/grand tour mad so its always on in my house! (plus mummy is a hammond fan haha)

6. January 30, 2018 / 3:36 pm

I love a good eBay find! I swear I spend hours scrolling through things haha! The robin bits are adorable!

January 31, 2018 / 9:44 am

I am always on ebay, it used to be about second hand stuff but now there are stores on there too! I did up my buggy from the stores on ebay

7. January 30, 2018 / 3:49 pm

The shampoo and conditioner are definitely a bargain, the price is so cheap! I haven’t tried this mascara from Maybelline so I’ll be definitely checking this out!

8. January 30, 2018 / 4:34 pm

I love the flowers you got! They make such great photo props too!

January 31, 2018 / 9:45 am

they do, I am always on the hunt for flowers whenver i go shopping! anything to brighten up the picture

9. Chloe
    January 30, 2018 / 8:18 pm

Oh my other half loves cars so I’ve had to watch a lot of the grand tour this month and honestly, it not half bad! I really enjoy it actually! Love posts like these x

10. January 30, 2018 / 10:49 pm

You know what, I think January seemed to take forever because last month was such a busy one with christmas! Just my theory haha
    Maybeline mascaras are honestly so good! My favourite affordable mascara for sure!

11. January 30, 2018 / 10:51 pm

I’ve been watching the grand tour with my boyfriend lately and even though I’m not the biggest car expert I really enjoy it! I think we all have something we like to watch to get out minds off things!! xx

Angela | DreamsAndLashes.com

12. January 31, 2018 / 8:42 am

I am obsessed with Bed Head for my hair and I love Baby Boden clothes too! x

13. January 31, 2018 / 9:32 am

I absolutely love Bedhead, how amazing is this range?! x

14. January 31, 2018 / 9:57 am

I got gifted some giant bottles of Bed Head shampoo and conditioner for Christmas like that and I LOVE it. I’d never used the brand before just because they always looked so expensive! But I didn’t know you could get them for that cheap – Going to keep my eye out now. I don’t mind paying £7 for a giant bottle like that, especially with the pumps as it makes it so easy!
    Much love, Caitylis x x

January 31, 2018 / 11:33 am

I was surprised to find them so cheap too, I couldn’t seem to find them in regular shops and only a salon and I wasn’t prepared to spend a lot on them, i know they’re wonderful brands but they aren’t kind to the old pocket

15. January 31, 2018 / 11:51 am

I love anything bed head! That brand is so good for my hair! I haven’t watched any of the grand tour.. I’m seriously missing out!

16. Sheana
    January 31, 2018 / 2:28 pm

I’ve always wanted to try bedhead but I often stick to my usuals which is treseme at the moment and sometimes herbal essence. I’ve found bedhead to be very pricey but may give it ago next shop!!

January 31, 2018 / 4:54 pm

you need to get to Home Bargains quick!! haha

17. January 31, 2018 / 4:29 pm

I love the idea of having a monthly favourites! What a great post.

18. Sarah
    January 31, 2018 / 8:08 pm

I love bed head stuff xx

19. February 1, 2018 / 8:24 pm

I don’t feel like the month was super long! My daughter turned two in January so I guess that’s why I feel like it zoomed by. The fake flowers are so pretty – make for a gorgeous decoration.

20. February 2, 2018 / 8:13 am

The shampoo and conditioner sound lovely.

I still need to catch up with the Grand Tour. Those three have me howling.

21. February 9, 2018 / 5:10 pm

I’ve been really enjoying The Grad Tour too, loved the first season and loved Top Gear before that. Think my all time favourite Top Gear episode was the American Road Trip, especially with the cow on the car – so funny! I’m actually watching ep 9 of The Grand Tour while reading your post – not even lying! 🙂