The last time I shared what Robin could say she was the ripe old age of 19 months old and that was back in November of last year, She is now an extremely chatty 21 month old racing towards her second birthday without a sign of stopping, which as you can expect makes me extremely sad that this tiny little thing is now a fully grown toddler, tantrums and all.
Her vocabulary has improved so much in the last few months, she communicates with us fantastically but naturally as shes only 21 months gets frustrated at us because we don’t understand her needs completely, So I thought it would be lovely to look back and see how much has changed since the last time I did this post and will be adding little tip bits of things she can do.
Things she can say –
- ‘Mummy’ and ‘Daddy’ – Gone are the days of dadada and mumumum, she now knows who is who and will address each of us with our names, she even will call for one of us if we are in a store and Mr S or I walk off and she cant see us. its equally cute and annoying at the same time.
- ‘Dinotrux’ – This is a show on amazon prime, and its her favorite thing in the world, whenever she knows that amazon prime is about to go on she will start to sing the theme tune and dance about the room.
- ‘Bottle’ – Which comes out like ‘Bot bot’ and sometimes sounds like ‘Bob’ but after she pointed at her bottle it was clear what she was going on about.
- ‘Hello’ – if its someone at the door or my alarm going off, everything is answered with a ‘hello’ or ‘hiyah!’ and will grab her little toy phone to say hello and ramble nonsense.
- ‘Alright’ – This one shes copied directly from me, whenever I collect the children from school I always ask if they are alright and she has taken to saying ‘Alright Kai’ whenever she sees him.
- ‘Again’ and ‘Up’ – Mr S and are a rough and tumble parents, so my children often go airborne and they have all loved it, she will jump up onto Mr S’s lap and demand to go ‘Up’ and start counting and of course, he happily throws her about with her giggling away
Things she can do –
- Jump – Something we take for granted now that we are adults but shes mastered it over the past few weeks and proudly shows it to anyone who asks her to do it.
- climb – Robin is short, compared to other 21 month olds shes at the bottom of the line in terms of height so climbing was one of those things that she took a while to grasp, and now shes always up at the window watching the world go by.
- Brush her teeth – These all sound so basic and easy but for children the simplest thing can be the hardest, and after watching us do it and have me show her what to do, she will gladly scrub away
- Brush her hair – I have to hide my hair brushes or she will sit endlessly on the carpet brushing her hair and its very sweet to catch her in silence brushing away.
- Give the best kisses and cuddles – No description, they’re just lovely and give me all the warm fuzzies.
It just wonderful to see how much change has happened between now and the last update I did and it continues to make me sad that in two months time she will be two years old, my tiny little bird getting closer to preschool and other things I am just not ready for yet.
Signing off feeling very sad.