I have been so poorly at the end of this week that all these posts I had planned just got forgotten but that’s all understandable!
This weeks photo is a little throwback to the time we went pumpkin picking, I am desperate for the cool days of autumn and we are now one week shy of the summer holidays so it will not be long before the weather changing and the leaves getting crisp.
I also found a cool new app for my phone called VSCO and lots of tips on how to use it on Pinterest so I’m excited to add more of a theme going forward on my instagram, yes I am that sad, but I will share all about that in a future post when I am little bit more awake and less under the weather.
Wishing you a happy weekend
This week has been sort of a chilly one, and because of the days getting shorter and it being darker at the end of the day, sometimes we are treated to a beautiful sunset on the way back from the park.
These two shots were both taken with my iPhone 6plus and really feel wintery, the sky almost looks icy.
I can’t wait until we have frosts every morning and maybe some snow, summer might have flowers but nothing compares to a icy autumn sunset and the beautiful orange leaves.
Until next time
I want to say a quick thank you to the wonderful Becca from My Girls and Me for tagging me in this little Autumn tag, seeing as its still very much autumn I dont see why I cant do it. (I have changed one thing around purely because it is not October anymore)
But enough of that, onto the Q’s
1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE AUTUMNAL LIP COLOUR? – I don’t really wear much lipstick if I am truly honest, I can never find a nice color that doesn’t make me look like a pennywise!
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE AUTUMNAL NAIL COLOUR? – I recently got this lovely one from Superdrug, its by Sally Hansen and its called Spice Age.
3. FAVOURITE AUTUMN DRINK? – Boring old tea, although I have started to love hot chocolate!
4. FAVOURITE AUTUMN CANDLE?
– Festive Spice, not exactly autumnal but I got a reed defuer the other week of this scent and I have just got the candle too – from next here
5. FAVOURITE AUTUMN ACCESSORY? – My arm warmers, as soon as the weather turns cold I get my arm warmers out.
6. HAUNTED HOUSE OR SCARY MAZE? – Oo.. can I say neither? I am such a wuss haha
7. FAVOURITE HALLOWEEN MOVIE? – Shaun of the Dead, I cant do much horror (says the person who called 28 weeks later their favorite scary film) but I think Shaun of the dead is perfect for halloween
8. FAVOURITE HALLOWEEN SWEETS? – Anything white chocolate!
9. WHAT DID YOU DRESSING UP AS FOR HALLOWEEN? – We didnt unfortunately, I usually wear a pair of cat ears but they broke and I didnt have time to get a new pair, Next year however!
10. WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE THING ABOUT AUTUMN? – The Cold, I cannot stand the heat so when the weather gets cooler I am much happier.
And thats it.
Until next time
Autumn is by far my favorite time of year, but why do I love it so much?
I think its got something to do with my childhood, I have some fond memories of going on walks with my Nan around the town, collecting conkers and pine cones, watching their walnuts fall from their twin trees in their garden and be collected by the countless squirrels that chase around.
The colors are beautiful, the air is cool after and there is this wonderful smell that you only get this time of year.
And then there’s Halloween, my family have never been big into Halloween, the closest my mum gets to fun is buying a bag of sweets for the odd child who will knock on the door, I loved it, I remember feeling so envious of all the spooky looking children walk up and town our street knocking on doors, My ex’s family made a huge deal about it, and would throw Halloween parties each year which was brilliant..
So once I had children I made the choice to make it fun for them, each year we get a pumpkin and I end up carving it while they sit and watch, each year we decorate the house up and buy bags of sweets for anyone who will knock, and we try each year to go to a party, this year we are busy which i’m sad about but I cannot wait for next year haha.
Autumn makes me happy, because the summer is over, and I cannot stand the heat and each year I look forward to it even more, and of course there is an added bonus of A’s birthday, she was due on the 7th November but came two weeks early on the 28th…
Autumn is the BEST time of year, do you love it too?
Until next time
Friday after school we went for a walk, it was lovely, we don’t often go for walks on a Friday, we usually end up going to the park but it was a beautiful autumn day and I had itchy photographer fingers!
The last of the seasons dandilions, I can’t hardly believe autumn is finally here after months of excitement and serious hatred for the summer months..
The sun was beautiful and it was the ‘golden hour’ when everything just looked that more special..
Hoping to get out more now that it’s not hot anymore.
Gosh I’m such a bore hah
Until next time