I am going to hold my hands up and say it, I am a terrible blogger, When i first started back in 2016 I wanted to blog every day, documenting my daily life and shopping hauls that I did… then along came writers block and I stopped finding motivation to blog and I felt that I didn’t have enough to talk about..
Then roughly around July time I got the bug, I wanted to write more and more, I made myself have weeks scheduled in advance and I felt proud of myself but then sometime around November shortly after I completed Blogtober I crashed, I stopped finding inspiration and I felt like the bottom fell out of my life.. and while I tried as much as I could to keep going I found myself more and more interested in taking those important days off more and not really caring as much and today I am behind on a lot of things, Photograph Sunday took a two week break and I am extremely behind on review posts and even my Glossybox Roundup, its stressing me out and I hate myself for it but after taking some time out and to sit on it I thought about that the best thing to do would be to talk about it.
I honestly don’t know where I want my blog to go, I don’t know what my ‘niche’ is because I guess I do not have one, I write about things that I like and it sometimes bothers me that we need to have a single thing to write about over and over again.. at what point did blogging become a job that required one subject.
So I guess this is my ‘I am not going to be that kind of blogger’ blog post, as much as I would love this to be a paying thing I have to think about what might happen to the tax credits me and my husband rely on to get the children clothes or stuff for school if I decide to earn a sum of money.. I guess the hope is that.. while some months are going to be good others wont and I dont want to rely on something that could one day not be there for a month..
I dont have a niche as a blogger and I am proud of that.
You don’t need to have one set rule as a blogger, its your little space in the internet and while I feel like I cant even get over a writers block on some days, I hope to own those days when I can.
I have been tagged in a wonderful little get to know you kind of tag, I love tags as they just give you an opportunity to take time out with prepping and planning and simply slow down. I want to thank the wonderful Angela who tagged me, you can find her blog here and her Sunshine Blogger post here and seeing that I have been pretty much sick with a bad cold and chest infection for the past week and haven’t really had the time or the energy to sit down and write anything besides ‘ugghh i’m sick’ on my twitter.
// RULES //
- Thank the blogger/s who have nominated you in your post and also link their sunshine blogger post to.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger has left for you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award.
- Write them 11 questions
- Include the rules and display the logo within your post.
// Questions & Answers //
- Why did you start blogging? – I used to blog years and years ago but in private, I had started reading a few blogs here and there on twitter and was inspired to start it up again, it felt like it would be a wonderful way to document days out other things to look back on in future.
- What has been your most successful post? – A silly post I did about this game called Skyrim.. I put it onto Stumbleupon and it just took off. you can give it a read here
- Describe yourself in three words. – Mummy, Gamer, Nerd
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go (and why) ? – I would love to visit more of england if I am honest, I dont like flying and I am scared of everything so I’d love to see more of my homeland.
- What was the last thing that made you laugh? – Robin saying to Kai ‘Alright Kai?’ when I met them from school.
- What is the last thing you watched and why? – The Grand Tour and why because I tend to watch them before I let my children watch them to make sure there aren’t many bad words and frankly I love those three idiots!
- If you had a theme song to your life what would it be?– U2 Stuck in a Moment
- Are you a morning or night person? – It depends on what night ive had before, some days I can get up and get going and others are just hard work haha
- What is your biggest pet peeve? – People who talk and eat at the same time, pisses me off completely, cant you just wait to finish eating before you talk to me?
- Which would you give up: Your car or your phone? – Honestly.. I am going to say neither haha
- Tell us your most embarrassing moment!– There are far to many to mention haha I am sorry
// QUESTIONS FOR YOU //
- What is your Starbucks order?
- Who has been your biggest inspiration?
- Where is the one place you would love to visit?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tea or Coffee?
- One game that you can waste hours playing?
- Favorite film?
- Funniest childhood memory?
- Biggest blogging goal?
- One meal that you would gladly eat every day?
- Favorite curse word?
// SUNSHINE BLOGGER NOMINATION //
Until next time