The ‘new baby’ urge

It’s hard to explain it and I am sure it’s not an every woman thing but there is this undeniable urge to extend my family.

Normally this feeling hits when the baby is around 3 months old, for me at least.. but as the months go on the feeling gets a little stronger the more my baby grows and becomes more and more independent.

I have asked, mentioned it a few times here and there but sadly because of our lack of space we simply cannot grow our family anymore, even R is a tight squeeze in our tiny two bedroom flat but still that urge is there eating away at me, knowing my body clock is slowly ticking away.

I think I just love babies, I love the smell of them and their tiny wrinkly skin, I love their hand movements and their facial expressions.. and then they grow out of their newbornness and that’s when I feel the urge.. but is a common thing, I believe its got something to do with hormones, you look at these tiny humans you’ve created and can’t help but want one more.

I don’t like pregnancy, I have never liked it, even during my first pregnancy I hated every second, I didn’t like how I didn’t have control over my body, how I had to abide by a bunch of stupid medical rules.. I know that’s extremely selfish of me to think that, I even feel like that about after birth, if you breastfeed you are still supplying food for another person and not just yourself..

I believe that’s part of the reason I will never breastfeed.

but even with all the pain, the leg cramps and the after birth issues.. I adore babies! Looking back at photos of my three fills me with a mixture of sadness and longing of them to just stop growing so quickly, my eldest is now a 7-year-old and I still remember the moment he was past to Mr S after birth, his little pink face all sore from the forceps.

Why do I want another baby? I just do, I will wait until we have the space for the next one.. but that urge.. that craving will linger forever until that day comes..

I swear… ill be starring in 16 kids and Counting in the near future!!!!

Share:

Author
      May 22, 2017 / 7:15 pm

They do, my youngest is now 13 months old, walking and just needs to slow down! I miss tiny wrinkly babies hah

1. May 22, 2017 / 7:10 pm

I get this completely! I’ve had 2 awful pregnancies, both ending in a C section. And each time I’ve sworn I’ll never have another haha. My youngest is only 2 months so it’s way too soon to plan for more! But I certainly don’t feel like I’m done yet!

Author
      May 22, 2017 / 7:14 pm

My last pregnancy was horrible, I was in agony in the end and with two other children to deal with it was tough… but if my husband says ‘let’s have another one’ I’d jump at it!

2. May 22, 2017 / 8:59 pm

I wrote about my similar feelings recently too. I’m so so ready to have another but it’s just not really advisable. I know they say you’ll make it work but nothing seems right or ready yet. I hope you guys can be in a place where you can extend your family further. I know just too much those feelings of broodiness haha!

Claire xx

3. May 22, 2017 / 9:02 pm

I wrote something similar the other day. I just don’t think I’ll ever be done with having babies! All the firsts. The first time you feel them kick, the first time they are handed to you etc etc etc ox

Author
      May 22, 2017 / 9:04 pm

I wish time would stand still so you could enjoy and take in all those firsts slowly hah, the first smile is always my favorite x

4. May 24, 2017 / 12:47 pm

I feel like this at the moment, Amelia has just turned 7 months and I find myself already thinking of giving her a brother or sister, not that we can afford it and not that we have the space either haha xx