My Daith Piercing!

Yesterday I went into town with the quest to get a piercing, this one in particular is apparently great for migraine suffers.. and being one.. I wanted to get it.

My husband is a cynic when it comes to these kind of things and thinks they are a bit silly.. but when you get to a point during a migraine that nothing works.. you start looking in other areas!

A friend of mine had shared information about it and I have to admit, I did think it might just be a bit of witchcraft behind it all, but it’s more of acupuncture than anything…

The body is made up of pressure points, stimulating one could in theory help with pains in another and after much research, much thought and plenty of ‘im scared of the pain’ I decided to just say sod it..

And do it!

I almost chickened out of getting it as the place I had originally wanted to get it done wasn’t open at the time.. and my town has two local tattoo and piercing places so I simple went to the other one..

I went to Custom Ink, who came across really friendly and welcoming and I honestly can’t thank them enough for not only doing it but keeping me relaxed during the piercing.

It did hurt, but it’s hard to explain because I had this image in my head that it would’ve hurt a lot more than I expected, of course it was going to hurt I had a needle poked through cartilage.. but it was only a brief pinch sensation and it was over!

My verdict so far? I actually love how it looks, I have yet to suffer from a migraine but some form of pressure did release when the piercing went in, I felt sort of clear headed for a change hah.

img_2820
Time will tell if it works or not, but I think believing in it working may also help the process but I can say that after I had it done, I felt my head become clear and relaxed..

One Hull of a Dad

1. June 28, 2017 / 11:56 am

I’d love to read a follow up post on how you get on with it. I don’t suffer with migraines, but have chronic daily headaches and wonder whether it would have an impact on them at all…

2. June 28, 2017 / 12:01 pm

I’ve never heard of that helping migraines but I really hope it does for you! Either way, it looks great. You’re far braver than me though, I couldn’t bare the thought of a piercing now. Apparently I was better with these things when I was younger!

Author
      June 29, 2017 / 5:22 pm

I am a wuss, I even said to the woman who did it, three kids later and I’m scared of a silly needle, it really wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be, once it was through it didn’t hurt anymore, it’s made me relax a bit about needle piercings and I may have more in future now

3. June 28, 2017 / 7:38 pm

Oh I’m glad to read this as I’ve been a migraine sufferer my whole life and have heard such positive things about the daith piercing I’ve been contemplating it myself. Would love to read another post letting us know how your migraines have been since! x

Author
      June 29, 2017 / 5:20 pm

I will defiantly do an update once it’s all healed! But so far so good πŸ™‚

4. Jasmin N
    June 29, 2017 / 8:51 am

Ooooh keep me posted if it works or not! I’m suffering from migraine as well, it’s the worst πŸ˜€

Author
      June 29, 2017 / 5:18 pm

A friend who has also had it done has said she’s had no server migraines since, obviously headaches occur but none as bad as they were, I’m hoping I’m the same πŸ™‚

5. June 29, 2017 / 9:03 am

I suffer so bad with migraines and have been meaning to get this done but I’m such a chicken!! I’ve got 8 tattoos, had a home birth with no pain relief and have many piercings including my belly button and my lip but still a wuss !! Looks good Hun might take the plunge after I pop this little buba out πŸ™‚ x

6. June 29, 2017 / 10:09 am

I’ve heard loads of people talking about this and always wondered if it actually works. I hope it works for you though as migraines are a killer.

Author
      June 29, 2017 / 5:18 pm

They are! All I want to do when I have them is sleep so I’m hoping this helps! So far so good πŸ™‚

7. Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...
    June 29, 2017 / 11:06 am

Ooh really hope this sorts out your migraine problem: keep us updated!

Author
      June 29, 2017 / 5:17 pm

Me too, so far so good!

8. I’ve seen so many people recommend this for dealing with migraines, but I have specific aura migraines so I’m not sure if it’d have the same effect! Made me want to get a new piercing though, ha xo

9. June 30, 2017 / 6:46 am

I’m with Hayley. I don’t think I could go through a piercing now, which is so odd!!

10. June 30, 2017 / 7:10 am

I’d love to know if these help so I’ll keep an eye out for your update! I’ve suffered with migraines for years, they suck. It looks great πŸ™‚

11. June 30, 2017 / 7:47 am

I’m so interested to see if this works or not – I’m such a cynic, I’d never have been convinced without hearing about someone’s experiences. Keep us updated!

12. Scandi Mummy
    June 30, 2017 / 10:45 am

That’s so interesting. Hope it works. Looks pretty x

13. June 30, 2017 / 2:00 pm

Haven’t heard of this before – really interested to see if it works x

14. blogofdadjames
    August 9, 2017 / 8:06 pm

Ouch! I really hope that works for you #oldschoolposts

15. August 10, 2017 / 6:39 pm

I suffer from migraines and want to try this but Im too chicken! I hope it works for you! #oldschoolposts

16. August 10, 2017 / 9:34 pm

I hope it works for you! It will be interesting to hear whether it does make a difference or not. Thanks for linking to #oldschoolposts