Update – Anxiety.

I have talked about my un-diagnosed anxiety quiet a bit on my blog, because its something that is always there and always in the back of my mind..

After what I can only describe as the worst seven weeks of my life, finally ending, well its not ended but its ended up with me dealing with an increase in panic/anxiety attacks, just last week I had three in one week when I usually have one once a month if I’m lucky..

and one of the days I had two back to back of each other.. not good..

So… I am super proud of myself, that I finally picked up the phone and called my GP… to talk to someone about my issues, my mum has recommended that I go see her massage therapist, so that’s probably where I am going to go, if the doctor asks me if I would like treatment, I don’t want to medicate.. I want to try and talk through my problems first before going down the extreme route of medication..

Not that medication is bad, but I don’t think it would be right for me, as I know I find talking much more therapeutic, Mr S has dealt with me talking all the time about my issues, I think its fair that he gets a little break haha.

My appointment is on the 18th of August, my mum is coming with me as I will be alone with the children, offering me support and trying to  make sure that my opinions on being medicated at this second, aren’t ignored.

I feel proud I did it, considering I don’t like talking to people on the phone OR people in general, its a big step for me..

A big step in a much more healthier mind.

I will update you all more later..

1. countryheartdeb
    August 9, 2017 / 9:19 am

Good for you, i have just moved so need to change doctors and will be having to explain it all again to a new doctor. I just hope he is as understanding as my last one.

August 9, 2017 / 10:46 am

Hopefully he does xx people always surprise you x

2. August 9, 2017 / 10:13 am

Well done on making that first step, I know how hard it is. I am exactly the same, I went down the talking/CBT route because I just don’t like the thought of medication x

August 9, 2017 / 10:47 am

Thank you x I just worry if I do have medication how it would make me feel, if I didn’t have children I’d probably have a different opinion but I worry it will effect me x

3. August 9, 2017 / 10:50 am

Big well done on contacting your GP, I know how difficult it is to do that, especially when you don’t like talking on the phone, you definitely should be proud of yourself. I hope that your appointment goes well and that you have a good therapist who you’ll feel comfortable talking to. I understand what you mean in regards to wanting to speak about how you feel before trying medication. x

4. August 9, 2017 / 1:26 pm

That first step of reaching out is always hardest! I think going non-medicated is a good route to start with. I personally have been on medication for anxiety and it completely changed my personality. It made me numb to all emotions and I was like a robot.

5. August 9, 2017 / 1:56 pm

I’m so proud of you for taking the first step. I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks among other things, and honestly that first step is everything. Good luck with everything!

6. August 9, 2017 / 5:22 pm

Well done for taking that first step. Hopefully your GP will talk you through all the options and you can come up with a plan going forward. All the best xx

7. August 9, 2017 / 8:14 pm

Well done, you’ve done the hardest bit! I hope your GP helps you and gives you the support to move forward. Take care xx

8. August 9, 2017 / 9:20 pm

The first step is the hardest one, hopefully everything will get easier from here xx

9. gotabmorthanthis
    August 9, 2017 / 9:36 pm

I am happy to see you are speaking to your doctor. Things will get better!

10. August 10, 2017 / 7:50 am

Well done – contacting your GP is a huge step so you should be proud

11. August 10, 2017 / 7:34 pm

It’s great you’re going to take steps to finding help! Anxiety really does suck but getting it under control can really help. Best of luck!

12. August 11, 2017 / 9:19 pm

Well done for taking the first step, that’s always the hardest! x