The BC April ‘biggest loser’

So its the run up to the big C, and like everyone else in the world I am trying to loose a bit of weight, I have said this before but I am in a wonderful mummy group on Facebook, I met a few of them during the summer which you can read about here, two weeks ago, one of the girls thought it would be a fantastic idea to set up a ‘Biggest Loser’ with a cash prize at the end of it.

The winner is the one who looses the most weight AND the one who looses the most inches, We are doing it for the 8 weeks until Christmas and then probably continue into the new year.

We all weigh at the start of the week and post what we are on the group and the wonderful Sam adds them all up to see who lost the most that week, and its actually going really well, I decided to take up calorie counting again and I love it so much, others are doing Slimming World.

My first weigh in I had lost 2lbs! but a girl in the group had dropped 8lbs last week, its lovely and so nonjudgmental if you have a slip up and there have been plenty of recipes shared.

I love calorie counting, I am using the My Fitness Pal app which you input the numbers and it works everything out for you, I find it a lot less restrictive than Slimming World which is handy when you fancy some chocolate.

We are currently closing in on our second weigh in and I am a little nervous this week, I have had some sweeties (Halloween) but I have done 10,000 steps every day by walking around near where we live after taking the children to school which has made me exhausted in the evenings.. I have been going to bed before 10 every night.

I will of course keep you updated on the progress, I cant wait to see how well everyone has done this week.

Have you ever tried something like this with friends?

1. November 4, 2017 / 9:53 am

I mean doing slimming world, & in 2 weeks I lost 6 &1/2 lbs! I’m so happy. I’m glad you have a group of friends you can turn too x good luck x

November 4, 2017 / 9:55 am

Well done 🙂 I couldn’t loose anything on SW, it was like half lb here and there

2. November 4, 2017 / 10:28 am

I definitely want to lose some weight before Christmas even if it is just a couple of pounds 🙂 xx

Yasmina | The July Journal

3. November 4, 2017 / 10:45 am

I have tried all the bloody diets under the sun but calorie counting really works for me! Love this post!

4. November 4, 2017 / 12:09 pm

Good luck with losing weight!! I don’t count calories bc I’ve learned when I do I become unhealthily obsessed but I’m happy that counting calories works for you! It’s always great having motivation being in a group! That’s what I need to get me going on losing weight.

5. November 4, 2017 / 12:41 pm

This is such a lovely idea. Gym buddies and diet buddies always make it better when everyone is encouraging eachother and being supportive!

6. November 4, 2017 / 1:17 pm

Sounds like you’re doing great! Well done chick 🙂

7. November 4, 2017 / 3:13 pm

That sounds awesome! Good luck in your next weigh in. Halloween was very tempting for me but I’ve been doing good! lol.

8. November 4, 2017 / 4:53 pm

Sounds amazing! Good luck with losing weight xx

9. November 4, 2017 / 7:41 pm

I’ve never counted calories mainly because it seems like quite a bit of work but I’m glad that works for you! I hope you reach your goal!

10. November 4, 2017 / 10:31 pm

This is a great idea. I need to do something like this to get me motivated I think!

11. November 4, 2017 / 11:35 pm

I use my fitness pal app too!! Good luck with this.

12. November 5, 2017 / 7:22 am

It’s great to loose weight by joining a group as everyone is motivating each other and you can share tips ! All the best 🙂

13. November 5, 2017 / 3:56 pm

I’ve been wanting to lose a few pounds for ages but I just love chocolate way too much haha
    I love the ways you’re doing it, seems more motivating! Good luck! xx

14. November 5, 2017 / 4:37 pm

Ahh well done! It’s so great to find a group that you can do these things with. Good luck with weigh in this week!

15. November 6, 2017 / 7:57 pm

I’ve never tried this before because I’m really bad with calorie counting and figuring out a workout! But good luck, it seems like you’re making progress to your goals!

16. November 8, 2017 / 12:19 pm

Good luck with your diet! I’m quitting Slimming World & going back to counting calories/macros. I keep gaining & losing the same few lbs, it’s such a pain xx