A to Z – S is for Social Media

Social Media –

Not a day goes by so I see someone complaining about social media, my mum for an example hates it and I can see why she does, she doesn’t agree with ‘sharing your life’ but I don’t think she understands that you don’t need to share everything you do online.

I use Facebook for family members who I don’t see often, it’s easier to share photos of the kids to their great nan on Facebook than it is just waiting until we see her.

With twitter I talk to new friends who I’ve found through blogging, some of who I hope to one day meet and talk in person with

And of course Instagram, which is full of inspiration, who doesn’t like Instagram?

Perhaps it’s because I’m a bit younger than her, I’ve been using the net for most of my life and I remember a time before social media and honestly nothing has changed, besides from the fact you couldn’t randomly tweet that celeb you sets your trousers on fire, I do sort of miss a time before social media, everything seemed less stressful and carefree..

….apart from the mad time of being in someone’s ‘top 10’ on MySpace…

But without social media, I would probably feel very lonely, which considering how everyone used to view the internet back ‘in the day’ isn’t a sad thing, I’m grateful for all my friends who I’ve made through the bright little electronic gadget in my pocket.

1. November 10, 2017 / 12:43 pm

I’m so grateful to social media! I have made the nicest group of friends through it, and everyone is so supportive 🙂

2. November 10, 2017 / 3:50 pm

I’m half half when it comes to SM. I love sharing beauty ramblings and chatting to like minded beauty lovers as well as finding a bunch of new blogs to follow and meeting people from across the world. But i keep my personal life completely separate and never share anything on any platform.

3. November 10, 2017 / 4:53 pm

I can’t make up my mind about social media! Of course a huge part of what we do is all about social media but at the same time I can be very fake and unhelthy (like comparing yourself to those perfect instagram accounts)
    I do like that you can talk to so many people, which you wouldn’t be able to do otherwise! xx

4. November 11, 2017 / 8:01 am

Social media has a good and bad effect I think it’s great but tend to switch off when there is drama

5. November 11, 2017 / 9:04 am

Omg MySpace was the shizz haha! I agree I would be very lonely without social media too x

6. November 11, 2017 / 12:30 pm

I love social media- but I have such a love hate relationship with it. I’ve done amazing friends like you, but at the same time the drama is uncanny x

7. November 11, 2017 / 1:06 pm

Social media is used for my “me” time being that I’m a SAHM of two kids lol. I don’t have any other adult interaction (besides when my boyfriend gets home from work). But until then I need to catch up on blogging and everything in between!

8. November 12, 2017 / 10:52 am

I feel the exact same, I love social media so much but it can be so draining and can really effect your self-confidence and self-esteem! I’ve met some amazing people through social media but at the same time I wish I could turn myself of from it sometimes!

9. November 12, 2017 / 2:13 pm

I would be lost without my social media accounts xx

10. November 12, 2017 / 5:48 pm

I exactly feel the same way, I can definitely see the good and bad side but I think it all depends on each individual x

New Lune | new-lune.com

11. November 12, 2017 / 11:19 pm

I think Social Media is great, especially for someone like me who works on a creative business, it is crucial to be connected online. I understand when my mom also says she doesn’t like to share too much but looking on the bright side we get to know so many people this way! x

| http://www.noirettediary.com |

12. November 13, 2017 / 3:17 pm

You’re never alone with social media. There’s always someone to talk to, no matter what you’re interested in. I’d be lost without it! xx

13. November 16, 2017 / 8:25 am

I think it definitely has to do with generations, my mom doesn’t really get social media but for some reason loves whatsapp to stay in contact with people, its a sort of social media too no? haha x