There is always something special about a brand new year drawing, perhaps its the idea of a new start on things and setting yourself goals for that year ahead.. I want to quickly thank Sarah over at The Parenting Trials for tagging me in the 18 Goals for 2018 post.
- Be more positive – I think this just goes without saying really, I mentioned this in my January goals post but it is something I truly want to do in the year ahead.. no more sad down me, no more letting others bring me down and onto a happier person.
- Get out more – The plan is to go out as a family more often at the weekends, I know Mr S works on his site during the weekends but it would be wonderful, more so in the spring months to get out and visit local area’s we couldn’t before because of a lack of a car.
- Take more photos – Photography is a big part of me, I got my Nikon D60 in 2008 for Christmas and since then I haven’t stopped taking photos ‘Tom’ used to come everywhere with me but I kept hearing people complain about me bringing it places and I stopped taking photos with it, not anymore! Tom is going everywhere with me!
- Read more books – I sometimes find it hard to have the time to read, but I want to start again, a good blogger friend of mine has started a monthly challenge and I am going to take part in it – here’s a little link to The 2018 Book Challenge if you fancy giving it a go yourself.
- Eat less meat – I am a meat eater, I love a good BBQ pulled pork or a yummy chicken burger but I want to limit my meat intake, not so much go back to being a vegetarian but cut out beef/lamb and just have chicken and have a lot more vegetable only meals.
- Contact brands – When I started this blog, it was just a place I could go to, to moan basically, but I have always wanted to work with some of my favorite indie brands in the baby scene, not that blogging is about brands, but its a little goal of mine this year to not be a wuss and send out some emails.
- Meet Becca – She has been such an amazing friend, through a lot of rubbish, shes always there if I need to talk to someone, just like how I am there for her, I am so blessed to have met such a wonderful lady and I want to make this year the year I meet her.
- Try new things – I am a very fussy person, it takes a lot for me to try different food or drink and I want to come out of my comfort zone a little more
- Start a Bullet Journal – In my baby group on Facebook, we have all started a bullet journal group and I have one on order, I want to keep it up throughout the year, its going to be more of a blogging journal rather than a usual bullet journal but I am excited to start it.
- Write more – more blogging and more writing in general, I used to write all the time but since having children its sort of gone out the window.
- Reach 2,000 followers on twitter – Pretty basic simple goal, I might even sort out a competition for when I reach it.
- Move – We are on a little waiting list for houses at the minute, each week we ‘bid’ on one and hope that we are selected and I truly hope that this year we will get a new place and move in.
- Go to RTXLondon – I have talked a little about Rooster Teeth (well Achievement Hunter) but they came to London for their expo last year and I honestly want to attempt to go to this years expo, its always lovely to meet people in the same fan group as you.
- Spend Less – I like shopping, who doesn’t? but I really want to be able to save up money each week and not ever be in the minus in my bank anymore.
- Be a better friend – No longer will I be sad in the corner feeling lonely, I am going to be more active and supportive to my friends online and in real life.
- De-clutter – Tiny flat, five people plus a cat, means only one thing and thats just lots of stuff and I want it all gone, sick of things sitting in corners, a de-clutter will make my mind less fuzzy too.
- Go to gaming events with Mr S – He has a website with a bunch of other awesome writers and creators and often he goes to events alone and to be honest, hes terrible at social media and I want to help him out a little with taking photos of him and others at events.
- Lower my sugar intake – I have to much sugar, in my tea or sweets and I want to cut it in half.. part of my better diet etc I want to limit the sugar that goes into my body.
And there are my goals, I hope that I do manage to achieve them, what are you main goals this year?
Until next time