Welcome to this brand new tag, I love tags, I find them fantastic for getting to know other bloggers and learning new things about each other and this one is for the parent bloggers of the world, because lets face it, there aren’t many of these floating about that are for us lonely parent bloggers trying to make some waves in the world..
The tag has been created by The Mulberry Bush which is a fantastic little shop full of wonderful wooden toys and who support and love parent bloggers too.. but enough of my ramblings..
~ QUESTIONS ~
1. What were you not expecting/not prepared for before becoming a parent?– I honestly wasn’t expecting just how exhausted I was going to be, you are always told that its hard work and that you will be tired but I have been in tears over how tired I have felt and also just how lonely and isolated it can be.
2. What is your main piece of advice for new parents? – Just to not listen to anyone elses advice, parenting is a journey that you must make your own mistakes and paths and should never listen to what anyone says regardless of how good their intentions are.
3. How do you encourage family time at home? – I don’t think I do encourage it, it just sort of happens.. I feel like making them do something only causes arguments.
4. How do you balance being a blogger with parental duties? – I manage to fit it around nap times and quiet times which is few and far between haha.
5. What was your favourite toy growing up? – I had this stuffed cat called Twinkle that I won at a country fayre thing when I was 7, she came with me everywhere
6. Have you kept any of your toys from childhood? – I have kept two actually, one is a blanket that I have had since birth and the other is this bunny that has been stitched up more times than I can count.
7. What are your children’s favourite toys? – Amelia loves anything to do with my little pony, Kai is addicted to cars and planes and Robin just likes anything, although she does have a cute cuddly toy robin called Bob that goes everywhere with her.
8. Do you actively limit the amount of screen time your kids have? – At the end of a school day I do let them veg in front of the tv for a bit but at weekends I do try and limit their time watching anything.
9. How do you reduce plastic waste in your home? – Reusable bottles, buying wooden toys, avoiding excessive food packaging, etc.? – this is one of the hardest things to do, because there simply is so much of it, we try and reuse any bottles we buy.
10. What advice would you give to parents who want to start blogging? – Dont do it if you are only out to get money and be popular, make sure you are blogging for YOU and no one else!
~ I TAG ~