March was another one of those crazy months, the weather was so unsettled, one minute it was sunny and beautiful and the next minute the snow had fallen, March was definitely a better month than February, I don’t know what was wrong with me but I was completely blue and non motivated during Feb which explains why I missed out on doing February in Photos, for one I just didn’t get out much and two I was also really sick with the flu.. Now I feel a lot better, mentally and physically but I just have the dreaded hay fever to look forward to once Spring finally kicks into gear!
The buds are blooming, the birds are mating and the bees are out getting the pollen, March also marks my sons 8th birthday which we went out to a Mexican restaurant and had the most beautiful table in the place and had such a fun time swimming.
Whats funny about this time of year is that we usually go for walks in the woods and I am snapping away photos of the bluebells, but when we went there last weekend there wasn’t a single flower, perhaps we was too early going to the woods or perhaps it was just the cold and snow delaying them from growing.. but expect April to be full of beautiful photos of those woods, I am also going to try and get some lovely photos of my children to include into the post too, I am very nervous about sharing their photos but I will keep their privacy hidden for my own personal reasons but I feel that they need to be added into the end of month shots too.
There is always something special about a brand new year drawing, perhaps its the idea of a new start on things and setting yourself goals for that year ahead.. I want to quickly thank Sarah over at The Parenting Trials for tagging me in the 18 Goals for 2018 post.
- Be more positive – I think this just goes without saying really, I mentioned this in my January goals post but it is something I truly want to do in the year ahead.. no more sad down me, no more letting others bring me down and onto a happier person.
- Get out more – The plan is to go out as a family more often at the weekends, I know Mr S works on his site during the weekends but it would be wonderful, more so in the spring months to get out and visit local area’s we couldn’t before because of a lack of a car.
- Take more photos – Photography is a big part of me, I got my Nikon D60 in 2008 for Christmas and since then I haven’t stopped taking photos ‘Tom’ used to come everywhere with me but I kept hearing people complain about me bringing it places and I stopped taking photos with it, not anymore! Tom is going everywhere with me!
- Read more books – I sometimes find it hard to have the time to read, but I want to start again, a good blogger friend of mine has started a monthly challenge and I am going to take part in it – here’s a little link to The 2018 Book Challenge if you fancy giving it a go yourself.
- Eat less meat – I am a meat eater, I love a good BBQ pulled pork or a yummy chicken burger but I want to limit my meat intake, not so much go back to being a vegetarian but cut out beef/lamb and just have chicken and have a lot more vegetable only meals.
- Contact brands – When I started this blog, it was just a place I could go to, to moan basically, but I have always wanted to work with some of my favorite indie brands in the baby scene, not that blogging is about brands, but its a little goal of mine this year to not be a wuss and send out some emails.
- Meet Becca – She has been such an amazing friend, through a lot of rubbish, shes always there if I need to talk to someone, just like how I am there for her, I am so blessed to have met such a wonderful lady and I want to make this year the year I meet her.
- Try new things – I am a very fussy person, it takes a lot for me to try different food or drink and I want to come out of my comfort zone a little more
- Start a Bullet Journal – In my baby group on Facebook, we have all started a bullet journal group and I have one on order, I want to keep it up throughout the year, its going to be more of a blogging journal rather than a usual bullet journal but I am excited to start it.
- Write more – more blogging and more writing in general, I used to write all the time but since having children its sort of gone out the window.
- Reach 2,000 followers on twitter – Pretty basic simple goal, I might even sort out a competition for when I reach it.
- Move – We are on a little waiting list for houses at the minute, each week we ‘bid’ on one and hope that we are selected and I truly hope that this year we will get a new place and move in.
- Go to RTXLondon – I have talked a little about Rooster Teeth (well Achievement Hunter) but they came to London for their expo last year and I honestly want to attempt to go to this years expo, its always lovely to meet people in the same fan group as you.
- Spend Less – I like shopping, who doesn’t? but I really want to be able to save up money each week and not ever be in the minus in my bank anymore.
- Be a better friend – No longer will I be sad in the corner feeling lonely, I am going to be more active and supportive to my friends online and in real life.
- De-clutter – Tiny flat, five people plus a cat, means only one thing and thats just lots of stuff and I want it all gone, sick of things sitting in corners, a de-clutter will make my mind less fuzzy too.
- Go to gaming events with Mr S – He has a website with a bunch of other awesome writers and creators and often he goes to events alone and to be honest, hes terrible at social media and I want to help him out a little with taking photos of him and others at events.
- Lower my sugar intake – I have to much sugar, in my tea or sweets and I want to cut it in half.. part of my better diet etc I want to limit the sugar that goes into my body.
And there are my goals, I hope that I do manage to achieve them, what are you main goals this year?
I tag SarahBecca and Ash
Until next time